Custom website architecture for academic data visualization
Research Manager, TRANSFORM, University of Waterloo
“Hyphen took the reins in helping our team design and implement a large-scale website, making sure that our global stakeholder input was at the forefront of their vision. They were incredibly patient with us and really understood the ethos of what we were trying to achieve!”
The University of Waterloo–based team behind TRANSFORM – a global network of researchers focused on sustainable entrepreneurship – partnered with Hyphen to help enable sustainable entrepreneurship researchers to share data from diverse global sources with the academic community.
Their commitment to building SMEs’ capacity to accelerate the transition to sustainable and resilient communities spoke to us. We were excited for this opportunity to build a custom website for data visualization and sharing.
Our key challenge was to design custom website architecture to present large volumes of non-standardized data without affecting its academic integrity. This required a creative shift away from the categorizing and filtering of data typically seen in web design.
- Digital strategy to translate objectives into deliverables
- Development of custom website architecture & data visualization strategy
- Design & development of a custom WordPress website
- Website testing, deployment & QA
- Training & support for content population
- Website maintenance & support