In 2018, Targeo, a Canadian company providing omni-channel flyer solutions, partnered with us to conceptualize, design and develop their new website.
Once we had a solid understanding of what makes Targeo tick, we proposed a storytelling approach for the new site – a surprisingly unusual angle for this industry!
Fast-forward one year and we are happy to announce that Targeo’s website won awards in seven categories in the 2019 Davey Awards. A full list of Targeo’s #DaveyAward wins is included below.
Any time we win an award, we see it as an opportunity to learn about what worked well. We are constantly experimenting and pushing creative boundaries in our work, so feedback like this helps us understand what’s clicking.
Key takeaways from working with Targeo:
The Davey wins validate our approach of defining Targeo not through its tactics and service offering, but through highlighting its business impact and results first and foremost.
This storytelling approach required openness and trust from Targeo’s leadership team, which we worked hard to earn and greatly appreciated receiving.
- The awards recognize our efforts to do something different and exciting while working within the parameters of Targeo’s existing brand. Through our creative approach to designing and structuring the site, we succeeded in elevating the Targeo brand and telling its story in an appealing and outcome-driven way.
- The awards acknowledge our emphasis on taking Targeo’s ideal client persona through a user-journey on the website in a way that delighted them by showcasing Targeo’s value proposition.
- What stands out for us is that underlying all these key takeaways is close collaboration with Targeo. Our creative ideas and strategies would have led nowhere if we hadn’t been able to develop, refine and implement them with support and involvement from the Targeo team.
Working with Hyphen from the start felt like an extension of the Targeo team.
“They listened carefully to who we are as a company and our objectives for the website. Hyphen had a good sense of our business and culture before they came back with concepts.
“The design concept we landed on pushed us outside our comfort zone, but we trusted the end product would reflect Targeo as innovative and distinct from our competitors. The positive feedback from clients, vendors and partners makes it clear that we succeeded in this.”
~ Ken Meagher, General Manager of Targeo
Davey Award Wins for the Targeo website:
- Feature Categories: Best Data Visualization > GOLD
- Feature Categories: Best Visual Appeal – Aesthetic > GOLD
- Feature Categories: Best User Experience > GOLD
- Feature Categories: Best Home Page > SILVER
- Feature Categories: Best Visual Appeal – Utility > SILVER
- Feature Categories: Best User Interface > SILVER
- Websites: Other > SILVER
What are the Davey Awards?
Why Davey? Think David taking on Goliath with big ideas rather than big budgets. In other words, an annual international celebration of the best creative work by small firms around the world.
- There were nearly 3,000 entries from around the world in the 2019 Davey Awards.
- The awards are judged by the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA), an invitation-only body consisting of top-tier professionals from acclaimed media, advertising and marketing firms.
- Current AIVA members include Condé Nast, Disney, GE, Keller Crescent, Microsoft, Monster.com, MTV, Push., Publicis, Sesame Workshops, The Marketing Store, Worktank, Yahoo! and many others.