Companies can often find themselves at a standstill – stuck on a problem, unable to find the inertia to move their team or their work forward. That’s where Overlap Associates can help, with a unique approach that “unsticks” organizations and moves them forward. Using human-centered design, the Overlap team puts people at the centre of its work and solutions.
Overlap’s process facilitates creative thinking and surfaces valuable insights leading to better outcomes.
Our digital strategy for Overlap translated this idea into a “living line,” which we placed at the centre of the new website using an animated line connecting each piece of the page.
With this ‘living line’ as the dynamic core, the site comes to life and pulls the viewer in to be a part of Overlap’s unique process.
Connecting through storytelling:
- For Overlap, telling their story through the impact of their work on their clients was one of the main objectives for the new website. We accomplished this through seamless user experience with our creative “living line” concept connecting all the elements of the website.
- This allowed us to tell the Overlap story in a cohesive manner illustrating the links between Overlap’s strategies, services and achievements.
“It takes the translation of visual and verbal experience into compelling stories to truly inspire.”
Forward-looking approach to digital presence:
- From the start, we discussed how Overlap’s business was evolving to offer online webinars, training and tools for purchase.
- While this side of the business was still being fleshed out, we proactively ensured that all the necessary capabilities – including marketing automation (HubSpot), webinars (GoToWebinar) and ecommerce (Shopify) – were integrated seamlessly with the design direction of the website.
“It’s vital to have a digital presence that will evolve with your business and the expectations of your clients.”
Rushing isn’t part of the equation:
- In total, this project took over 12 months from digital strategy to launch.
- The quality assurance alone took 3 weeks to ensure all the integrations were functioning as intended.
- Our team didn’t rush Overlap when their capacity was stretched (especially as COVID-19 hit), and they were patient when we felt some items required more brainstorming than originally expected.
The Overlap team believes that ‘Better is possible’ and helps clients unlock their potential using human-centred design.
By introducing a ‘living line’ to connect Overlap’s philosophy, offering and success stories in a human-centred way, we succeeded in creating a better experience for Overlap’s website visitors – and bagged an award along the way!
The ‘living line’ digital strategy for Overlap’s website led us to a win for website design in the Hermes Creative Awards 2020!
- AWARD: Platinum
- Professional Service
- Electronic Media/ Social Media/ Interactive Media
What Brock, Co-CEO of Overlap Associates, has to say about working with the Hyphen team: