This role involves working closely with Hyphen’s founders to assist in moving the team, client work and the company forward. You’ll enjoy quite a bit of autonomy as we trust our team.
What to expect
Professionalism and respect. That’s how everyone deserves to be treated, and it’s the starting point for everything we do at Hyphen.
Our clients come from a variety of industries – including healthcare, manufacturing, professional services, water-tech and more – so you’ll benefit from broad exposure. There’s never a mundane day or dull moment.
With lots of projects at various stages happening simultaneously, this is definitely a mentally challenging role. We need someone who’s able to keep track of multiple moving pieces, stay focused and maintain a positive attitude. In other words, we’re hoping you’re a cool-as-a-cucumber kind of person.
While the work can be hectic, we maintain a fun and light-hearted atmosphere at all times. We’re open to your ideas on how to evolve our fun factor, but laugher is a must at Hyphen.
Finally, you can expect support and understanding during challenging times, as we’ve been there and make mistakes too. Self-awareness and open communication are key for everyone during overwhelming or busy times, as this allows the rest of the team to provide support.
Who we’re looking for
We like working with individuals who are curious and open to learning, as well as to sharing their interests, experiences and ideas. Being a pro at GSD (Getting Stuff Done!) is also top of our list. We love enthusiasm and excitement, but it’s important that you can channel this into actions and deliverables.
What else? We’d love it if you’re thoughtful and mindful of others. It’s also a good sign if you value interpersonal relationships and excel in open communication – both in person and online – while recognizing that actions speak louder than words.
Lastly, we hope you have a curious mind. Maybe that means you’re passionate about participating in a non-career activity, or perhaps you’ve poured your energy into starting an initiative or supporting a cause.
Experience comes in many forms, so it’s not just about ticking boxes. However, these are some of the types of experience we hope you can bring to this role:
- Copywriting and editing
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Adobe Suite – Photoshop, InDesign
- Social media management and savviness (individual is sufficient)
- Google Analytics
- Mailchimp, HubSpot, Salesforce
- Time and project management
- Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience
We’re looking for someone who can take on the following main roles within Hyphen:
- Assisting with coordination of creative and strategic digital marketing client work
- Market research and reporting
- Carrying out minor graphic editorial work and content formatting
- Taking on social media and content marketing responsibilities including Hyphen’s social media plan management and execution
- Taking on event coordination and organization duties
- Coordinating and executing Hyphen’s digital and traditional brand initiatives, including blog posting, execution and design of social media initiatives, website updating, and coordination of award applications
- Following up with clients and the Hyphen team regarding outstanding deliverables
Executive assistance and governance
- Assisting with Hyphen’s brand management, with direction from leadership team
- Assisting with client onboarding and information gathering
- Working alongside graphic designers, copywriters and web developers to keep them on track and ensure deliverables and timelines are met
- Overall ownership of client deliverables, responsibilities and deadlines
- Schedule management for Hyphen’s leadership team
What’s in it for you
- Open and friendly working environment that supports creativity, individuality, sustainability, health and wellness
- Flexible hours; however, this is a full-time role requiring 40 hours per week
- Learning from the leadership team through hands-on experience
- Phone and continuing education allowance
- Opportunity to progress quickly by excelling in your role and showing initiative
- 3 weeks of annual vacation
- Compensation starting at $3,000 per month
About Hyphen Company
Hyphen Co. is a professional creative and marketing experience firm that helps clients achieve their business goals through design and strategic digital marketing solutions. Richard Lee and Nat Korol, partners, work with business-to-business corporate and professional service organizations on projects including brand development and awareness, website design and development and ongoing communications efforts.
With over 20 years combined experience in corporate communications and relations, marketing and design fields, we enjoy sharing our knowledge in a light hearted office environment (you won’t be bringing us coffee, likely the other way around!). We’d be glad to open doors to help you expand your professional network.
Your next steps
Please email your resume, cover letter and portfolio / work examples to Nat Korol at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the following information:
- Your last name, role title, year-month-date of submission.
Body of the email:
- Introduce yourself
- Share why this posting caught your eye
- Provide your full name, email address and phone number we can reach you between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- If there’s a best time for us to get in touch, let us know.
You will hear from us within 48 hours of submitting the above requested information.
Thank you for your time and effort!